Accessibility Features and Capabilities in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Commerce
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Commerce has plenty of accessibility features and capabilities to offer to your e-commerce website which help you include assistive functionalities in the site. These features and capabilities in Dynamics 365 Commerce provide the functional means to all end users to both access and perform actions to accomplish their objectives. These features allow you to build your site such that you get to create out of the world shopping experiences for your customers, considering the bigger picture.
End users working on Dynamics 365 Commerce will get to see how these features work when they schedule a Dynamics 365 Commerce Demo.
- Image Alt Text: The built-in digital asset management system helps track images and video assets used on the e-commerce site. Each time an image is selected or uploaded on the site, image captions, descriptions and alt text can be added in the properties pane.
- Video Accessibility: There are several video features in D365 Commerce. Close captioning helps show text to users who are deaf or hearing impaired for audio and audio descriptive elements of a video. Subtitles are caption files that show the text of context clues or dialog on-screen. Audio transcripts are textual transcripts of spoken words generated from the audio of a video asset. Descriptive audio is a non-primary audio channel describing the content or context occurring on-screen. Minimum age gate is an attribute storing the minimum age a viewer must be of to view videos.
- Configuring Video Accessibility Elements: Your e-commerce site will have a commerce media library section where you can upload video assets with separate files for closed captions, descriptive and regular audios. The captions can also be generated automatically each time a video asset gets uploaded. While uploading videos, either the end user will have a closed caption file automatically generated or will have to manually upload one. In case of the former, the end user will have to select Automatically generate closed captions in the Asset Upload dialog box and in the case of the latter, clear Automatically generate closed captions in the Asset Upload dialog box.
- Editing CC and Audio Transcript Files: End users can edit CC and audio transcript files directly in the authoring tool. Moreover, video playback is also available during editing. To do so, they must go to the Media Library and select the file name of the video asset. As they do this, the closed caption and transcript content editor shows on screen. They must go to Edit, edit the closed caption/transcript text, select Save, select Finish Editing and select Publish when they are ready to do so.
- Selecting the Minimum Age Attribute: To set the Minimum Age attribute for a video asset, end users must first go to the Media Library, select the video asset, select edit and finally select the Minimum Age attribute in the properties pane for the video asset.
These accessibility features and capabilities will be understood better by end users working on the solution when they schedule a Dynamics 365 Commerce Demo.
Read: It's Time to Upgrade to Dynamics 365 Business Central
10 Reasons why Migrate to Microsoft Dynamics 365
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central and Its Benefits
Summary: These are some of the accessibility features and capabilities in D365 Commerce to make shopping experiences better than ever.